"OURS IS A BATTLE FOR FREEDOM,OURS IS A BATTLE NOT JUST FOR ECONOMICAL GAINS AND POLITICAL POWER,OURS IS A BATTLE FOR RECLAMATION OF HUMAN PERSONALITY WHICH HAS BEEN SUPPRESSED AND MUTILATED BY THE HINDU SOCIAL ORDER AND CONTINUE TO BE SUPPRESSED AND MUTILATED"---DR.BR.AMBEDKAR

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I have brought this caravan where it is seen today... . .

“You people do not know what is troubling me and what makes me so sad. The first worry to my mind is that I have not been able to fulfill my life’s mission. I wanted to see my people a governing class in my lifetime, sharing the political power in terms of equality with other communities.

I am now almost crippled and prostrate with illness. Whatever I have been able to achieve is being enjoyed by the educated few, who with their deceitful performances have proved to be the worthless lot, with no sympathies for their downtrodden brethren. They have surpassed my imagination; they live for themselves and their personal gains. Not one of them is prepared to do the social work. They are treading the path of their ruination. I now wanted to divert my attention towards the vast illiterate masses in the villages that continue to suffer and remained almost unchanged economically. But life seems short.…My lieutenants, in whom I had full faith and confidence to run the movement, are fighting among themselves for leadership and power, unmindful of the heavy responsibility that is going to fall upon them… Any how I have done a lot in spite of the abuses hurled at me from all sides and I will continue to do so till my death.”

“Whatever I have done, I have been able to do after passing through crushing miseries and endless troubles all my life fighting with my opponents. With great difficulty, I have brought this caravan where it is seen today. Let the Caravan march on and further on despite the hurdles, pitfalls and difficulties that may come in its way. If my people, my lieutenants are not able to take the caravan ahead, they should leave it where it is seen today, but in no circumstances should they allow the Caravan to go back… . .

Dr.B. R. Ambedkar

M.A., MSc., PhD., DSc., LL.D., D.Lit., J.P., BAR-AT-LAW.,

Tuesday July 31st 1956; at his residence 26 Alipur Road, New Delhi at 05-50P.M.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The Death Anniversary of the Popular Indian jurist, economist, politician and social reformer Shri #BhimraoAmbedkar was on 6thDec. Let us all pay a heartfelt #tribute to him on bhimrao-ambedkar.tributes.in

In case you wish to create a tribute for your loved ones as well, Please give us a missed call on +91-9643105042. Our associates will get in touch with you.
You can also create a profile yourself on - www.tributes.in